Local COVID-19 Response
Peninsula Medical Becomes COVID-19 Testing Station TAPBA Associate Member Peninsula Medical is now operational as a testing station for COVID 19. After testing their systems and processes they opened this week, to test from Monday to Friday (except Good Friday and Easter Monday) 10.00 am -4.00 pm. Read their communication HERE.
Essential Businesses and Services Only businesses that are essential may remain open during the Level 4 Alert period. If a business isn’t sure if it provides services or products which qualify as essential, it should close. If you are a business or worker in a non-essential business, you may still work – as long as this is from home. If you cannot work remotely, you must stay home.
The following is a list of Te Atatu essential businesses. The list may by updated as the response levels change however we will do our best to keep this as up to date as possible. Business opening hours and days may vary, so call first if in doubt.
Health and Medical
- Opal Dental, 518 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-6359 (open for emergencies, must call first).
- Peninsula Medical Centre, 382 Te Atatu Rd. COVID-19 Testing Station: Hours – Mon to Fri 10 am – 4 pm (patients assessed and tested within their car). GP clinic: Hours – Mon to Fri 8 am – 5.30 pm (must call first) Ph. 834-6300.
- Te Atatu Health, 544b Te Atatu Rd Ph. 900 1111. Hours 8.30am -5pm Mon to Fri, closed 12-1pm (must call first).
- Unichem Peninsula Pharmacy, 550 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-6303. Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5.30/Sat 9am-4pm.
- West Auckland Counselling, Peter Milne, 027 439 5957 (phone consultation).
CareVets, 520 Te Atatu Rd. Ph 834-4430. Hours: 8am-6pm, Sat 9am-4pm (Must call first).
- Countdown Te Atatu, 571 Te Atatu Rd Ph. 255-2420. Hours: 9am-8pm.
- Deluxe (Dan and Anna) Superette, 568a Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-6356. Hours: 7am-7pm.
- Greens, 572 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-6176. Hours: 10am-5pm.
- Odessa’s Mini Mart, 609 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-2544. Hours: 7.30am-8pm.
- Te Atatu Discount Superette, 542 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-2089. Hours: 7am-8pm.
- Village Wines, 571 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834-7825. Hours: 12-5pm.
- 24/7 Laundromat, 576 Te Atatu Rd. Ph,0276784966, all hours.
- My Laundry, 3/570 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 0210 229 2894. Hours: 6am-9pm.
- Te Atatu Peninsula Laundry, 574 Te Atatu Rd.
- Waves Laundromat, Unit 2, 543 Te Atatu Rd. Ph. 834 6058.
Trades On Call for Emergencies
- Absolute Plumbing & Gasfitting Ltd, Mike Miller. Ph. 021 1372810.
- Ben Cable Electrical, Ben Young. Ph. 02102326040.
In these unprecedented times, our business community needs help and support to get through the lock-down period and thrive again. Here is some information on government support for businesses.
Business Continuity Funding
The government has released special limited funding via the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP), to assist businesses to survive the Covid-19 crisis.
Register on the RBP website or search for a service provider and speak to them before applying.
Find out what financial support you could be eligible for on the government COVID-19 website’s Financial Support page, which includes updates to the Wage Subsidy schemes.
Mayoral Business Advisory Panel
Mayor Phil Goff has established a Mayoral Business Advisory Panel. Read the press release HERE.